Specialist in Maxillofacial and Aesthetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery.
Holder of professional card No. 30454 of the Medical Association.
Ex President of the European Association of Societies of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (EASAPS)
Ex National Secretary of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
Member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS)
Member of the American Society Lasers in Medicine ad Surgery (ASLMS)
Member of the Portuguese Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (SPCPRE)
Career and Professional Functions:
- Degree in Medicine from the Faculty of Medicine of Lisbon in 1986.
- Specialist title in Plastic, Reconstructive, Maxillofacial and Aesthetic Surgery, obtained through public examinations at the Hospital Egas Moniz in 1997, where he did his internship.
- Volunteer at the Plastic Surgery Department of the Hospital Militar de Lisboa, between 1986 and 1997.
- Consultant in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Clinical Center of the National Republican Guard, since 1997.
- Head of the Department of the Plastic Surgery at Hospital Garcia de Orta.
- Obtained the degree of Senior Graduate Consultant (Head of Service) in Plastic Surgery, through public exams, in 2019.
- Regularly visits Departments of Plastic Surgery with Observer status, for periods of about 15 days to 1 month, mostly in the US.
- He presented more than 100 communications at National and International Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery Congresses.
- Published scientific articles in journals of the specialty.
- Member of several Specialty Scientific Societies, National and International, including the American Society of Plastic Surgery.
Areas of Interest in the Specialty:
- Aesthetic Surgery in general, and in particular: Breast, Orbito Palpebral, and Body Contour.
- Reconstrutive Surgery in general and in particular: Breast Reconstruction, Lower Limb and Craneo Facial.
- Laser Treatments.